SUGGESTIONS FOR EAGLE SCOUT PROJECTS
- Dog License program – arrange to contact every homeowner to have them license their dogs. May involve arranging a pet vaccination day that could be in conjunction with the County Animal control.
- Septic Pumping Program: Contact pumping companies to get a group rate for pumping, letter to residents informing them of the program, contact the residents. In essence, get a good rate, then set a day or two where a pumping company would come up and pump our septic tanks.
- Benches for park, cemetery, and School property – Scout master Peter Bieknek has worked with his scouts to make incredible benches. We have 4 that could be used as a template, and we could use many more.
- Fencing projects at landfill and park.
- Dyers woad eradication at landfill and perhaps throughout town – arrange a clean up day, solicit volunteers and clean up the dyers woad. Would need to be done during Dyers Woad Season.
- Stain/paint buildings in the park.
- Help to install water meters in town this summer. Could involve organizing volunteers, contacting residents to notify them of the planned construction, etc.
- Signage, water fountain/hydrant, and other miscellaneous projects in the new park area on the Valley school property.
- Cemetery survey markers that would need to be buried in concrete.