Business Licenses & Permits

Town Council Rep: Wendy McKay

The Town of Huntsville welcomes and encourages businesses within its community. Much of our local business is made up of small, locally-owned home occupation businesses. The Town’s current Business License Ordinance indicates the requirements and any restrictions in the operation of a home occupation business, as well as other types of businesses.

Prior to applying for a Huntsville Town Business License, an individual should contact the State of Utah to ensure that all state-mandated requirements have been met. Go to, where you should find all of the information that you need. You may also contact the State at 1-877-526-3994. Business license information is generally considered a public record, although business owners may choose not to have their information printed in the Town’s newsletter or on the Web Site.

Completed Business License Applications, including the appropriate fee, should be returned to the Town of Huntsville for processing. Home occupation business licenses are valid until the end of the calendar year, at which time Renewal Applications are automatically mailed to the business owner. Questions about the business licensing process should be directed to Council Rep. Wendy McKay.



Restaurant / Saloon - $100.00
Peddlers / Solicitors - $25.00 per person
All others - $75.00
*Fixing of Fees for all other Occupations not specified above will be determined by the
type of business.


Class A $250.00
Entitles the licensee to sell beer on the premises licensed in
original containers for consumption Off-the-Premises.

Class B $250.00
Entitles the licensee to sell beer On-the-Premises in the
original containers for consumption on-the-premises and to
all of the privileges granted to holder of Class A License.

Class C $250.00
Entitles the licensee to sell beer on draft for consumption On
or off-the-premises and to all the privileges granted to
holder of Class A and Class B License. (Draft Beer)

Club Liquor/High Pt. Alcohol $500.00
Entitles the licensee to sale, storage, and consumption of
Alcoholic beverages (liquor, wine, heavy beer, and beer) on
the premises. Applicant must meet the requirements to
qualify as a Club as defined by the Utah State Liquor code.