To Huntsville Waterworks Shareholders
Governor Cox has declared a state of emergency because of the drought that we are facing this summer. The Huntsville Waterworks Corporation is hopeful that the water we have will last through the coming summer. Our irrigation company will try to extend the irrigation season until October 1, 2021.
We all want our lawns to stay beautiful and green and have sufficient water for our gardens through the whole summer. To reach this goal, the Huntsville Waterworks Corporation would like to recommend that every shareholder:
- Be good neighbors. Try to water when your neighbors are not watering.
- Limit watering to every other day.
- Even addresses water on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Odd addresses water on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Refrain from watering on Sunday
- Be mindful that when you water excessively someone else will not have enough water pressure to water their yard.
- Check your sprinkling systems to make sure they are working properly for the best results.
- Also, check that your sprinklers are not watering the road or other areas that do not need watering.
- Avoid watering in the heat of the day.
- Shut your sprinkling systems off on rainy days.
Hopefully, by following these guidelines, we will have sufficient water for the summer.
Huntsville Waterworks Corporation